The Bankruptcy Court locations of the Western District of Michigan are secure buildings. Visitors are required to be screened by the U.S. Marshals Service. Therefore, due to the screening process please allow extra time when arriving for your business at the court.
To enter the building, persons must comply with the following conditions:
- A valid government-issued photo I.D. must be presented.
- No weapons of any kind may be brought into the Bankruptcy Court. This includes any items with sharp edges such as knives, scissors, or tools.
- No recording devices or cameras may be brought into the Bankruptcy Court, unless the court has specifically ordered otherwise.
Cellular phones, laptop computers, and tablet devices:
- Grand Rapids and Traverse City courthouses – these items may be brought in, provided that such devices are not used to photograph the courthouse interior or to record any court proceeding.
- Marquette, Kalamazoo, and Lansing courthouses – these items may not be brought in, unless the court has specifically ordered otherwise. Attorneys with valid bar cards may bring in cellular phones or other electronic devices to these locations.
Attire: Dress respectfully for any court appearance.